Volunteer opportunities involve direct community outreach, assisting at Cross Cultural Center (CCC) events, working with CCC student coordinators and fostering administrative skills. Transcript notation is also available. This is a great way to get involved at UC Davis while promoting campus diversity and intercultural ideals.
*Please use Google Chrome or Safari to access fillable PDF. For Firefox users open the PDF in Adobe Reader to ensure the PDF file displays correctly. Remember to save your file in order for it to print correctly.
- Direct community outreach
- Assisting with CCC events
- Working with CCC student coordinators on programs/events
- Conducting research for the center
- Fostering administrative skills
Volunteer Internship Program (VIP)
Looking to get involved on campus? Want to get better connected within your community? Interning at the Cross Cultural Center is the ultimate way to do this! Volunteer Interns are students who are looking to serve as part of a core planning team with a student coordinator for upcoming CCC events and programs. VIPs have some basic knowledge of the CCC, social justice issues, and are looking for an in-depth project experience. Once selected, VIPs make a two-quarter commitment to the CCC and receive transcript notation. With approval, VIPs can work with up to two student coordinators over both quarters.
Please print out the VIP application and turn it into the front desk of the CCC. The deadline for the VIP application is currently closed, however, we accept general volunteer applications at any time.
***Please use Google Chrome or Safari to access fillable PDF. For Firefox users open the PDF in Adobe Reader to ensure the PDF file displays correctly. Remember to save your file in order for it to print correctly.
QUARTERLY COMMITMENT = 40 hours (an average of 4 hr/week)
- Attend a VIP training, maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Complete VIP application and register with a CCC staff member
- Complete and submit the ICC Transcript Notation application
- 2 quarter commitment
- Attend a CCC Volunteer Orientation
- Participate in at least 2 CCC programs
- Work with a CCC staff member for 40 hours per quarter by meeting program assignments and attending meetings/other activities
- TOTAL HOURS - 80 in two quarters
- Work experience in a Cross Cultural Center
- Opportunity to get letters of recommendation for future career plans/graduate school
- Develop your leadership skills and gain career experience
- Opportunities to receive a fee waiver worth up to $60 to attend a UC Davis conference or retreat
- Transcript Notation
- Learn more about social justice
- Work in a friendly student-centered environment
- Learn about valuable resources on campus
- Opportunities to make a difference at UC Davis
- Get connected to different communities on campus
- Build community